Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm exhausted

I wrote out a long description of what we had done so far and then jetted it on accident.  So, here is the quick version.  Keith and I arrived in Kovvur this morning after a very long train ride.  We were treated like royalty by the Christians here.  We went to the children's home and they are absolutely the sweetest things ever.  They are incredibly well-behaved and happy and always wanting to please.  You know, a lot like my kids.  We then took a very long (and bumpy) car ride to another congregation.  We were again treated like royalty and Keith delivered a great message about heaven.  12 people were baptized.  Isn't that incredible?  We then went back to the children's home and had dinner with them.  They ate on the floor with their hands and in silence and with incredibly happy faces.  Again, just like my kids.  Keith then delivered the same message for a special occassion at the church there.  It has been an incredible journey so far.  I can't wait to share more with you when I have time.

Keith and I are doing great and appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.  I will write you again tomorrow with a more detailed account.  It is going to be an early morning, so I must go.


Here we are.  Stop laughing.

April, tell the kids I love them.  And, I love you too.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating us. I hope you get some rest tonight. 12 baptisms is awesome! What a great response. You are doing an amazing thing. Tell Keith I called Cynthia to tell her you both arrived safely. I can't wait to hear more. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update.... Wow 12 baptisms is totally awesome... Glad to hear all is going well... Keeping prayers for you mission and all involved...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I look forward to hearing more! You guys are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete