Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 1

(only 2 bags)
Well, it is here.  This trip has been a long time in the making.  We were planning on going last winter, and the plans fell through.  We then tried to get another trip together in the spring, and again, the plans fell through.  I know that a lot of people have been praying about this work for a long time.  I know that a lot of people have given money for this work for a long time.  This work in India was being supported long before I was here at this church.  I talk to Brother V often and he always is very grateful for the support he receives from the BACOC.  I can not completely describe in words how excited he is for our church to be coming over to see the work.  You guys are the ones who are making that possible.

For those who aren't aware, Brother V lives in India and we support him on a monthly basis, both for himself and for the many works that he does over there.  He preaches at 2 congregations, both in Arikerevula and Kovvur.  He watches over a children's home that houses 80-ish kids from about 6-16 years old.  He also converts, teaches and leads many preachers in the area.  He is constantly sending pictures of these preacher's meetings.  He also ministers to a leper colony, and the list goes on.  In other words, he is fighting on the front-lines of the missionary field.

The purpose of our trip is to finally lay our eyes on the work there.  We want to get some questions answered as well as answering any questions that they may have.  We want to see what their needs are with our own eyes.  Even though Brother V speaks more English than I do his language, there is still quite a bit that is missed in the translation.  Most importantly though, we hope to be an encouragement to the Christians in India, especially the kids in the children's home.  I hope that you will pray that God will provide encouragement to the Christians and others in India.

This morning, Keith and I are going to start quite a long journey over to a place we have never been.  I have never been any further than Mexico, so this is definitely a new experience for me.  We leave at 11:15 to head to Chicago.  We then fly to Brussels and then to Chennai.  Once in Chennai, we will find a place to sleep for the night and then take a long train ride to Kovvur/Arikerevula.  We will be back Tuesday, the 30th, at about 7:30p.  Please pray for our safe travel.

I hope to update this blog with pictures and posts on at least a daily basis while I am in India.  I doubt that I will be able to update you until at least Monday your time.  Please leave comments, because the people in India are not the only ones who need encouragement.  I am going to miss my family and friends very much.  I want to say a special thanks to my wife for being very supportive of me going on this trip.  I don't know which of us will have the harder job the next 10 days.  Thanks.

8 comments:

  1. What a blessing that you both were able to make this long awaited trip.. Praying for you both for a successful and safe trip..
    Praying for the encouragement of Christians and others in India..
    Praying for Brother V's work in the mission field of India..
    Praying that lives will be changed and those who don't know Christ will come to know him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome about your trip. Safe travels and I will be praying for you and April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for a safe and very productive trip and for April and the girls back home. Sorry you will miss Thanksgiving but we are very thankful for you and Keith's willingness to make this trip. I know that brother V will be most appreciative of you coming to see what is going on in the name of the Lord. God bless and keep you. Your brother in Christ, Bob Arledge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great opportunity! I know you will touch many lives and receive many blessings. Just look at the harvest and walk in faith. Love you, MIL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey bud, I am proud of you. I love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright dude, hope your having a fun and safe trip. I very proud to have you as a brother and you better come home for X-Mas. By the way OU53-Bay24. Gave up 2 late td's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richard and I enjoy reading all your posts and we look forward to them. We have been praying for your trip and your health and hope that you are doing much better. I think maybe you are on your way home now. I know that Brother V has been blessed by your presence.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Brother in Christ,
    Greetings, by the Grace of our Heavenly Father we are safe here and hope the same with you all. Through your prayers kind helps and our hard the work in India growing day by day. We are requesting you to continue your prayers and encouragement in 2010 also.

    I am Babu.G 28 year’s old, preacher of church of Christ at Giddalur region of Andhra Pradesh in India. I started the preaching at age of 20 and have been working to spread the gospel and New Testament truth here in my place and striving to His kingdom. I was baptized at the age of 18 years by Bro. Jeremiah in May 10, 1999 at Church of Christ, Komarole. Later I was trained at Preachers Training School, Komarole for 1 year (1999-2000) God blessed me with life partner and I am married to Ms. Geetha in 2002. Since we took active participation in the church activities. I worked and well done that the establishment of the New Congregation at Chinagani palli church of Christ. Also there are five preachers who are faithful and dedicated for His work are with me in taking the truth to the people who are in the darkness. Totally we have 10 congregations at this time with about 20 - 35 members in each congregation. I have five preachers combined as a team and working together. We are going to gospel work four days in a week. We are conducting Preacher’s Bible class and Gospel meetings surrounding areas as per preacher’s locations.

    My family consists of four members. My father worked in Church of Christ nearly 20 years. Family fully depends on my daily income. Day time working earning to feed my family at night I used to go rural area near by Preach the word of God and return to home by mid night and rested and morning routine work. These types of Physical Problems are facing. So please pray for my family and Gospel ministry. I am committed my self serve to our God in all Circumstances. I badly in need and welcome your esteemed assistance in spiritual and material form for his device ministry.
    I love you in the lord and I am Praying for your good health that of your family, elders and church members. I pray for your safety as you travel to do the Gospel ministry which act of kindness I remain grateful to you brother.
    May God Bless You,
    Thanking You,

    Lovingly Brother in Christ
    G.BABU, Preacher,
    GIDDALUR CHURCH OF CHRIST.

    ReplyDelete